1.5.11

shopping excursion


i've been meaning to post photos of all my purchases from my shopping trip last monday. it's been a busy week and i really haven't had the time to post them. so i'll catch up now. i went a little crazy and bought alot. it was all worth it though, i love everything. 


i'll start off with my sephora purchases (and freebies!). since it was my birthday a few weeks ago, i was eligible for the sephora beauty insider birthday gift. i picked up the philosophy happy birthday beautiful shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath. i used it when i got home and i came out smelling like the most delicious cake ever.


nars super orgasm illuminator was next on the list. since i'd feel like a complete idiot going up to the counter at sephora just to get a freebie, i picked this up. i've had my eye on it for a while. it's really super illuminating. you only need a small amount. i personally love the way it looks on my cheekbones. it's a great highlighter.


i found my way to the lacoste store after. i had seen this beautiful simple headbands online before i left my house and established that i needed to have one. i picked up a classic white one and a plain black scoop neck t-shirt. i love lacoste. they have the whole simple yet chic look down. 


lush came next. i have heard only great things about the store and decided to give a few of their products a go.


ocean salt was one of the items on my must try list. the lady who worked at the store explained to me what it does and how to use it. a tip: only use twice a week since it is somewhat abrasive. but it does work great. after the first use, my skin was amazingly soft and smooth. i'd definitely go back and buy a larger pot.  


 the joy of jelly was next. it smells amazing and isn't like your normal body wash. you can freeze it or place it in the fridge and use it cold. it's actual jell-o. it's kind of hard to lather. but you don't really need to because you can kind of rub it all over you. it's such a great purple colour. definitely something out of the ordinary. 


next up, i indulged in sweet lips. a sugar based lip scrub that works wonders. after the first use, my lips were softer then they have ever been before. i loved the fact that it was all natural and didn't taste like a paste like all the other lip balms usually do.


really reminds me of brown sugar! it smells amazing too! definitely gives you the perfect lips for smooching.


i'm such a sucker for anything cake flavoured so when i saw this in the little fridge at the check out, i needed to have it. it's a face mask that soothes your skin and gets rid of all that icky oil. i used it the night i bought it and found that the day after, my skin was less oily. i also concentrated on spots where i had pesky pimples. it calmed the redness and really brought down their swelling. it does all of this while smelling amazing.


 last but not least, was the sex bomb. i've seen pictures of these all over the internet and i needed to try one. i myself am not a bath person but i am more than willing to have a bath to get to try this beautiful thing. in store, they were showing how they fizzed. they really do fizz like crazy! and the smell, it was practically intoxicating. i need to find a relaxing night to use this. maybe light some candles and place them around the edge of the tub. 

lush is definitely my new obsession. i love the fact that the majority of their products are all animal friendly. i myself am not a vegetarian, but trust me, if i had the will power to not eat mean, i most definitely would be a vegan. i like to know where my products are made and what goes into them. two thumbs up to lush.

3 comments:

Amy said...

i looove your pics. & your theme! <3 keep it up.

Rachel said...

You;ve really made me want to try that Philosophy bubble bath - I've never tried anything from there before!

And I got sweet lips last time I was in Lush, incredible right?!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good time! The bath bombs from lush are rather amazing.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

blog template by bloggercandy / heavily edited by simplyhayley